Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I wish.

I wish we lived in a world where everything was fair and just
I wish we lived in a world where a child could grow up in a complete home - not a broken home
Not scarred by the harsh realities of the real world
Where a husband fought with his wife every day
And the child silently cried and watched it all unravel

I wish we lived in a world where a child's innocence remained

I wish we lived in a world where men respected women and women respected men
I wish we lived in a world that was free
Free from poverty
Free from discrimination
Free from racism
Free to speak and take a stand, without having to sacrifice one's life

I wish and I continue to wish
Only to realize that if my wishes were to come true
I would be in heaven
Not on earth





No comments:

Post a Comment